Goodbye Pro V1, Hello Top-Flite Gamer Tour - Golf Ball Review


Confessions of a loyal Pro V1'er

     Wow! What a pleasant surprise. I finished a round today having played, exclusively, the Top-Flite Gamer Tour golf ball.
I've tinkered a bit in the past with many of the Gamer Tour's predecessors.Stay with me here....the original 2008 Gamer eventually became known as the Gamer V2 (2010 - 2012). I've heard that at some point the actual Gamer and V2 were rolled into Callaway's newly launched Strata line of golf balls. The Gamer V2 was discontinued in 2012 and renamed in 2013, ironically, right where it began; as the Gamer. Currently, Top-Flite offers three models; the Gamer, Gamer Soft and the Gamer Tour. Phew!

top-flite gamer tour advanced golf ball review #GamerV2
Top-Flite Gamer Tour Advanced Golf Ball

Being a loyal Titleist Pro V1'er for many years now, I was amazed by the balls performance throughout all facets of the game. The only drawback I noticed was reduced distance off the tee. However, this was minimal with approximately 3-5 yards short on average. I play at high altitude and drives coming up 10 to 15 feet short did not force me to change my game at all. The shortage in distance off the tee, compared to the Pro V1, was offset by improved accuracy. I hit more fairways today than any round played this season. After two holes I adjusted to shorter tee shots and not only hit my fairways regularly but did so with precision. The control afforded by The Gamer Tour was simply incredible. My shots were crisp, clean and sound at impact was "just right"...swooosh!  Priced at $25 per case (12 golf balls) you can even afford to lose a few. Would I ever really abandon my Titleist Pro V1's? No way, but The Gamer is a solid option for those looking for similar play from a lower cost golf ball. Top-Flite also has the D2 series golf balls which I find to be an excellent winter golf ball along with the Top-Flite XL series for added distance.
Top-Flite Gamer V2 Golf Ball #GamerV2
Top-Flite Gamer Golf Ball

Strata Jet Golf Balls #Stratajet
Callaway's Strata Jet Golf Ball

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine. golf carts

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion these balls are junk. I thought I would give these balls a try yesterday. I was on the 5th hole lining my ball up for a putt, when I noticed that I had literally knocked the cover off the ball. I saw a crack in the ball and upon further inspection noticed the ball was split in half. I wish I kept the ball to show or at least took a photo. I was a little upset and threw the ball in the weeds. I will never play these balls again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have checked here good idea that you shared here, you can see my some necessary golf related article

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call this golf stroke the 'Level 1' basic golf swing as it's the first stage of the full golf swing. Just like a house needs a strong and sound foundation to be built upon, your golf swing needs a strong and sound foundation to swing upon. Masters golf live stream

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Comments and Reviews Welcome Here!